Intel has unleashed 29 security advisories to plug up some serious bugs in the BIOS firmware for Intel processors, as well as in its Bluetooth products, Active Management Technology tools, the NUC Mini PC line, and, ironically, in its own security library. Details about the advisories can be found at Intel’s Product Security Center. Intel’s senior director of communications, Jerry Bryant, said in a blog post on Wednesday that Intel’s mostly digging these security issues up internally – as in, 95 percent – through its own diligence, with big chunks of them coming through its bugs bounty program and the company’s own research. “Today we released 29 security advisories addressing 73 vulnerabilities,” Bryant wrote. “Forty of those, or 55 percent, were found internally through our own proactive security research. Of the remaining 33 CVEs being addressed, 29, or 40 percent, were reported through our bug-bounty program. Overall, 95 percent of the issues being addressed today are the result of our ongoing investments in security assurance, which is consistent with our 2020 Product Security Report.” Pats Itself on the Back The June patch set from Intel brings its vulnerabilities total to 132 for the first six months of 2021, with 70 percent of those having been discovered and mitigated before they were publicly disclosed, Bryant said. Quiet, nonpublic discovery and mitigation is a nice turnaround for Intel, Bryant said. He noted that 56 of the 132 issues addressed on Tuesday were…
https://govanguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Header_Logo.png 0 0 govanguard https://govanguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Header_Logo.png govanguard2021-06-09 12:17:002021-06-09 12:17:00Intel Plugs 29 Holes in CPUs, Bluetooth, Security
Our Standard Office Hours
Monday – Friday: 8:00AM – 5:00PM EDT
Saturday – Sunday: Closed
Where to Find Us
Data Privacy Notice
- – All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners.
- – The use of these names, logos, and brands is for identification purposes only and does not imply endorsement.
- – Content syndication and aggregation of public information is solely for the purpose of identifying information security trends, all syndicated content contains source links to the content creator website. All content is owned by it’s respective content creators.
- – If you are an owner of some content and want it to be removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org